SkillStorm is seeking a Sr. PL/SQL Developer for one of our clients in Jacksonville, FL.
- Candidates will be responsible for the technical design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications.
- Partner with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Project Managers to ensure that designs satisfy business and technical requirements.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems and identify integration points.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications.
- May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
- Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle.
- Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- Research production issues and provide documented analysis and sizing estimates required to fix the issue.
- Provide support for financial jobs and related project work in the unit and QA testing environments.
- Provide support for the financial jobs in the production environment based on a designated on-call rotation schedule.
- 8+ years’ experience in Oracle SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Extensive knowledge of PL/SQL and advance database concepts
- Thorough Understanding of SDLC concepts.
- Strong SQL knowledge and ability to write very complex queries.
- Experience building functional and technical design specifications based on system Requirements
- Strong understanding of relational databases like Oracle
- Qualified in writing stored procedures, functions, packages and Database triggers using PL/SQL.
- Using latest features to optimize/tune performance (Bulk Collects, Collections, Ref Cursors, Materialized views, Global Temporary Tables).
- Strong analytical problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to debug production issues with minimal support.
- Unit Testing the changes using tools / stubs to make sure code has good quality.
- Ability to understand and incorporate PLSQL standards into coding assignments.
- Work closely with others in the team and willing to help others when needed and maintain good relationship with all team members
- Claims processing knowledge is preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge in DB2 / Mongo databases.