Hargray’ s Mission – To Envision and deliver customer delight
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight?
Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment where time flies juggling multiple priorities? Then you should join the Hargray Fiber team as a Sr. Product Manager, Carrier!
The individual in this position would be responsible for product lifecycle management and product development of our commercial products. Uses strategic thinking that guides the direction and positioning of Hargray’s Carrier products to diving deep into the details of the technical and systems requirements that shape the final customer experience. Works closely with Director of Product Development and Management and the senior leadership to align the Wholesale product portfolio with strategic business goals while managing/coordinating the efforts of cross-functional teams – including Network Engineering, Application Engineering, Sales, Regulatory, Finance and Business Sales Support, etc. – to bring new products and product enhancements to market.
We are open to recruiting the right talent in any of the markets of Hargray - Hilton Head Island, SC OR Savannah, GA OR Peachtree Corners GA OR Jacksonville, FL
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide thought leadership and technical/development expertise for price adjustments and new product development.
- Translates new technologies and market requirements into product design including development and management of business requirements documentation.
- Manages new product launches including project plan creation, project risk assessment and mitigation, issue tracking and resolution.
- Build and execute comprehensive product lifecycle plans including product positioning strategies.
- Create market-specific financial analysis and supporting business cases to determine market requirements relative to product price points, new services, and new features or other products or product enhancements.
- Guide product pricing by monitoring industry trends and developing a competitive market analysis.
- Evaluate and modify business processes and procedures to improve efficiency and reduce expenses, optimize profitability and maintain budget adherence.
- Ensure that all products and services are properly aligned with strategic corporate initiatives.
- Responsible for product line training including conducting needs assessments, curriculum development, product line training delivery, and building and maintain training materials.
- Manages plans and timeframes for lifecycle maintenance and product development activities to meet or exceed targeted completion dates.
- Ensures current and accurate system documentation.
- Facilitates user acceptance and operational readiness testing.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing peers to maximize the effectiveness of product marketing efforts and strategies.
- Produces reports, timelines, flow charts and graphics using advanced functions of a personal computer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10+ years' experience in a similar role; telecommunications industry experience required
- 5+ years’ of product management experience
- Carrier services experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills