Analysts is seeking qualified candidates for three Sr. Programmer Analyst roles with our direct client in St. Louis, MO. These are 100% remote - 18 months plus contract positions with a GREAT company! Preference for candidates in either Eastern or Central Time Zone.
Some info about this role:
- Our client is in the process of modernizing their application code base and merging old and new technologies in the process.
- There is a mix of new development and maintenance in this job.
- Their customers are factories, servicing, enhancing, and creating apps used on factory floor.
- Sustain MES application (manufacturing execution system) - there are 155 legacy applications in total. DB2 is the backend DB for most of these applications. Languages of the legacy apps are listed in JD.
- Agile approach on big projects and more waterfall if it is smaller.
- Why would you consider this role? There is a lot going on in digital manufacturing teams. Bring things into the factory, expanding new capabilities so their work is really supported and welcomed. Environment is fast paced and changing, work with new products. Extremely high retention rate among team - people come and stay forever, seem to never leave! All hourly people have iPads on factory floor. New things that we really love to do. Continuously investing capital in their work.
- Central or Eastern time zones preferred for location.
- Successful profile: somebody who is curious, technical, investigative, and likes sustaining apps.
- 7+ years of relevant development experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience working in highly collaborative large cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrated experience of business requirements gathering.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting & problem-solving legacy applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of modern software development principles.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to work in cross functional team environment.
- Experience in working within an agile/scrum team environment, preferably SAFe.
- Java is legacy piece and most helpful skill to have.
- C++ is 2nd to that and important to have some knowledge in.
- Candidates with ONLY Java/C++ are fine without production experience in .NET if base knowledge is there of ASP.NET basics. Java & C++ is fine, .NET highly preferred.
- Web service dev skills are nice to have, but not in legacy applications.
- Factory floor experience is NOT required, but nice to have.
- Not a lot of front-end development in that area so Angular and other front-end skills are nice to have but not required.