The successful candidate will perform day-to-day management of Network-related projects, develop long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements are met, and possess a strong technical understanding of data center operations. The candidate will perform horizontal integration planning with other functional areas and ensure technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. Projects will consist of core network transport engineering and Infrastructure as a Service design and delivery. Network specific projects will include a large technology refresh, significant expansion, and large-scale transition to a new procurement model requiring most of the network services to be re-acquired. The candidate will be a lead the way the organization plans, implements, and manages data center network infrastructure technology.
Typical duties include:
- Ensure that project tasks are completed within deadlines
- Ensure that projects are adequately funded on an ongoing basis. The project manager will need to track multiple lines of funding and expenditures
- Ensure that projects are properly coordinated among the stakeholders, engineering teams, and cyber security team
- Ensure that project personnel are qualified to perform the given tasks and potential project personnel problems are preempted
- Remain conscious of relevant security polices
- Establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures
- Ensure applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place
- Direct the daily operations of the projects by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology Management or technical discipline with related industry experience in software engineering, systems engineering, or network engineering.
- 12+ years as a Project Manager managing technical projects in a customer's environment
- Experience managing projects using the customer's Project Management Framework (PMF)
- Must have a strong and proven background in software development
- Proven experience coordinating and synchronizing a number of IT projects, developing and maintaining a master schedule, developing and maintaining a high level budget, and preparing senior management communication briefs.
- Experience managing multiple network projects
- Proven experience leading teams and working across organizational boundaries to meet mission requirements
- Proven experience briefing senior leadership
- Experience utilizing MS Office products (i.e Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proven experience streamlining processes and procedures
- Proven experience managing data center projects within schedule, scope and cost
- PMP Certification