Hargray’ s Mission – To Envision and deliver customer delight
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment? Then you should join the Hargray Communications team as Sr. Project Manager, Digital Transformation.
General Description of the position:
Come help us build the next-generation customer care and billing system for Hargray Communications. The IT Transformation Team is looking for an experienced Project Manager who thrives in a dynamic environment and is a creative and flexible problem-solver. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. The position also requires collaboration with various stakeholders, including subject matter experts (SMEs), application vendors, system integrators, and senior-level leaders.
Successful candidates will be self-driven, have experience in large matrixed organizations, be detail-oriented, and have excellent problem solving and analytical capabilities. You will need to demonstrate strong planning/project management skills, strategic thinking, and excellent communication and influencing skills. This includes a proven ability to cultivate strong partnerships, consult, and have the capability and confidence to interface effectively with senior leaders and influence multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization in a dynamic environment.
The Project Manager role is critical in executing our Project and related initiatives while providing great internal customer support. The role will drive consistency, help us build systems and solutions, and drive excellence through process improvement.
We are open for remote opportunities for right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the project vision and timelines to ensure delivery happens in line with business requirements and manage communication within and across project teams proactively identify risks & mitigations.
- Responsible for tracking project status throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure Project compliance by tracking KPIs and building, analyzing, and publishing various dashboards to management.
- Coordinate and facilitate periodic status meetings with project sponsors and all stakeholders.
- Manage schedules for team members to track milestone deliverables and drive project management, process changes, and vendor efforts.
- Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met by all involved and required. Project documentation is produced as needed.
- Collaborate effectively with, various stakeholders, including subject matter experts (SMEs) and senior-level leaders across multiple disciplines/functional roles to support department Projects and initiatives.
- Coach the team, interact with them, support them in their professional growth, support them in their professional development, and identify and recognize talents.
- Perform staff risk management, performance reviews, regular personnel appraisals, evaluations.
- Support asset and organizational set-up and growth; be the main supporter of Hargray’s professional accountability, growth culture, and best practices implementation.
- Ability to travel when needed (post COVID19)
- B.S. degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Information Management, Project Management, or equivalent experience.
- Must have 15+ years of Project management experience and have successfully led at least 1-2 Telco BSS and/ or digital transformation projects is required.
- Broad Project management experience – ability to navigate waterfall, hybrid, and agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience partnering with business stakeholders, in conjunction with managing software vendors and systems integrators, to successfully deliver the new BSS platform.
- Proven business stakeholder management skills to work with Product Managers and IT Development team
- Experience with managing and bringing out the best in an interdisciplinary group of professionals
- Demonstrated knowledge of end-to-end telecommunications customer lifecycle – marketing, sales, credit/collections, fulfillment, provisioning, billing, customer care, revenue assurance, etc.
- Solid project management skills, including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple projects on track, effective use of time, and delivering results.
- Solid delivery lead skills such as vendor management, requirements management, scope management, risks and issues management, resource management, and financial management
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication abilities, including explaining complex topics and collaborating with subject matter experts and business stakeholders.
- Articulate, sophisticated information and business insights into meaningful action items and problem-solving decisions for senior leaders.
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive; someone who instinctively knows what needs to be done and motivates colleagues towards accomplishments.
- Initiative to do whatever it takes to get things done and quickly resolve unanticipated problems.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills; accuracy is essential.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
- Experience with AMDOCS, Netcracker, CSG, or Blue Planet Inventory is an added advantage.
- MBA preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Six Sigma preferred
- Vendor management experience
- Servicer Delivery experience or interface experience with Telecom customers