LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The Digital Transformation Senior Project Manager reports into the Digital Project Delivery Team, this position provides overall management for the delivery of Digital and ACP projects. The position works closely with business and technical leadership, serving as a facilitator and leader accountable for the successful delivery of Digital and ACP projects, within the expected quality, budget, timeline and scope.
This position will manage global project teams of highly effective resources to implement Digital and ACP projects. This role will require managing multiple resources and interfacing at all levels of the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing all phases of the Digital Projects implementation and complying with the PMO and Governance controls and QA process.
- Partner with the Digital Implementation team to scope, plan and deliver at scale Digital and ACP implementations for the company.
- Support budget build up for the project and management through the delivery including reporting and forecasting on a monthly basis.
- Actively participate in project scoping and planning activities and ensure alignment between all parties
- Responsible for managing Project Stakeholders and provide regular status updates varying from weekly status reports to bi-weekly Steering/Sponsors Committee Updates.
- Liaises with other GBS and business functions, such as IT Product teams and leadership to ensure quality and timely delivery of Digital projects
- Responsible for the management of external vendors in terms of SOW and engagement requirements, ensuring all vendor management quality expectations are met or exceeded.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of Project Management processes, policies, tools and methodology
- Ensure that all the lessons learned from post implementation reviews are properly documented and shared with new projects and programs
- Manages resource capacity, scheduling and dependencies for successful delivery of projects and programs
- In charge of identifying, assessing and mitigate project risks and issues that could impact the quality and timely delivery of projects
- Drives standardization and proactively recommends improvements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or 5-7 years of equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of technology and business/industry related experience with large, global organizations.
- A minimum of 8 years in a project management role, managing medium to large global teams
- 5 plus years of leadership responsibility managing medium to large projects/teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Experience working on Manufacturing and Supply Chain Projects with Digital components and/or business applications
- Experience managing large scale deployments with an Agile Methodology Framework
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record
- Excellent management and team-building skills
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology (i.e.: Scrum and Kanban).
- Self-motivated, problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management, as well as internal and external partners
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment
- Intercultural competence
- Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or major in Engineering or related field
- MBA or MS a plus
- Certification from recognized authority preferred (e.g., project management professional [PMP] certification from the Project Management Institute [PMI]) for international projects or global rollouts, and experience in leading internationally distributed teams
- Business application life cycle management
- System development life cycle management
- Experience working in Advacing90 (A90) Projects is a plus
- Up to date in Digital trends for Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- Experience working with projects in Data Modeling (DM), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Advance Analytics (AA), a plus
- Budget planning and management from small to large global complex projects
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston