Looking to be part of an award-winning team with a great company? Analysts is seeking sharp candidates for two Sr. Ruby Developer DIRECT HIRE roles for a great client based in Plano, TX. USC or GC holders only please.
As a rapidly growing company committed to technology innovation and delivering high value services to its clients, our client is constantly looking for high integrity, well-rounded professionals who thrive on challenges, are fascinated by technology, exhibit passion and pride, and don't mind rolling up their sleeves to get a job done.
Our client is seeking to add two Senior Ruby Developers that will join their team to add desirable features for their customers, expand systems capacity, and improve their own development experience. As a part of the team you will deploy to a cloud-based infrastructure on AWS and build APIs for use internally and by our client's business partners.
Job Duties include:
- Aid in training/mentoring of other developers while also being excited to learn from others.
- Participate in requirements, architecture, and design discussions.
- Collaborate on design and architecture direction, with an eye toward short-term flexibility while pushing for long-term gain.
- Provide technical leadership via knowledge and understanding of software design and architecture.
- Design, implement, and test high-availability systems for:
- processing incoming telemetry data including geolocation
- mapping and correlation of location data
- application of geofence-based rules for notification
- managing business relationships that allow sharing of assets
- enabling secure access to both web-based UIs and APIs
- Support customer issues and requests along with the rest of the team.
- Use the existing code base to gather knowledge and understanding of current functions.
- Use and implement AWS-focused solutions including deployment (DevOps) mechanisms.
Knowledge and Skills include:
- API design and development experience with priority given to GraphQL knowledge.
- Understanding of and ability to explain standard programming techniques (OOP, functional, etc).
- Ability to discuss business concerns and relate to technological ones.
- Material experience writing, testing, deploying, and maintaining applications deployed to a cloud-based infrastructure. Should be able to argue for and against different architectural options (microservices, monolith, etc.)
- Confidence using software version control systems to organize and parallelize development efforts.
Preferred to Have
- Experience with Ruby on Rails in multiple versions.
- Understanding of different data storage mechanisms, including RDBMS (specifically PostgreSQL) and key/value cache (specifically Redis), as well as the tradeoffs involved in making choices between them.
- Experience with message-based systems (message bus, message streaming, pub/sub, etc.).
- Knowledge of AWS product offerings and deployment mechanisms. Kubernetes (EKS) is a specific preference.
- Experience working with identity platforms like Okta and Auth0.
- Solid understanding of and experience with Agile/Lean values & principles and related methods.
- Experience with data analytics and reporting systems.
Nice to Have
- Experience with GIS software (specifically PostGIS, shapefiles, KML, MapServer, OpenLayers).
- Experience in IoT development.
- GPS device or other embedded systems/hardware background.
- Experience with any of the following: Docker, Kafka, Resque, RESTful services.
- Familiarity with Terraform/Terragrunt and/or other 'infrastructure as code' technologies.
- Experience with Looker or similar business intelligence and visualization products.
Education and Work Experience
- 5+ years of experience within Ruby and Rails, AWS, PostgreSQL, or significantly similar language and platforms.
- 3+ years specific Ruby on Rails experience