Sr. SQL BI Developer
BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sr. SQL BI Developer
- Identify and source data from enterprise platforms and build solutions to support broad reporting requirements.
- Create and maintain Microsoft SQL ANALYSIS SERVICES TABULAR MODELS.
- Complete all necessary data staging to load models including.
- SSIS ETL packages to acquire and manage data.
- Tables, views, indexes and stored procedures for data preparation.
- Manage large data sets effectively and efficiently throughout the process.
- Build performant measures using DAX.
- Analyze data and summarize performance using SQL or DAX as appropriate.
- Develop business performance reports using Power BI, SSRS and Excel, and provide guidance to others on best practices for these tools.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- May propose business process recommendations based upon data analysis.
- Establishes and maintains advanced knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, and data integrity issues.
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Monitors project tasks and schedule to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Conducts effective training on use of tools and deliverables developed.
- Requires a BS/BA degree.
- 6 years' experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required including but not limited to:
- SQL Management Studio
- SQL Integration Services
- SQL Database Services
- SQL Job Agent
- SQL Server Data Tools
- SQL Reporting Services
- SQL Analysis Services Tabular
- DAX/DAX Studio
- Power Query/M
- Power BI Desktop/Report Server
- Power Pivot / Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization.
- This job is focused on strategic solution development and critical deliverable execution as compared to the Bus Info Developer Consultant job which is more tactical in nature.
- Familiarity with code management tool Atlassian Source Tree/Bit Bucket a plus
- Experience with SharePoint administration or report integration not required but a plus
Expected Duration: 3 Months Contract Hire
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Must be able to pass a background and drug screen
- We can only consider candidates who can work on our W2 and are able to be hired directly by our clients without sponsorship.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. BCforward's headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana and also operates delivery centers in 17 locations in North America as well as Hyderabad, India and Puerto Rico. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. With 14+ years of uninterrupted growth, the addition of two brands (Stafforward and PMforward) and a team of more than 1400 resources our teams deliver services for multiple industries from both public and private sectors. BCforward's team of dedicated staffing professionals has placed thousands of talented people over the past decade, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average.
www.bcforward.com Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 93640 when responding to this ad.