Great client of mine--I've placed multiple people with them through the years.
Full time Opportunity, Reporting to the Sr. Director of Data Warehouse Architecture
You will oversee all aspects of our database systems. Including both OLTP and Data Warehouse architectures.
- Work with the application development teams to understand and design the SQL Server OLTP database schema.
- Work with the data warehouse team to build and support the enterprise data warehouse.
- Database Design, software installation and upgrade, database backup & recovery, overall performance monitoring, capacity planning, and database security.
- Provide database support, including ad hoc data request, database query, index optimization, and stored procedure design. Using tools like SolarWinds and Redgate tools.
- Documentation and monitoring of database maintenance procedures. Including: update statistics, rebuilding and reorganizing indexes, defragging tables, replication, linked servers and database maintenance plans.
- Continually investigate methods to improve system reliability and performance.
- Provide input on capacity planning, high availability solutions and upgrade strategies.
- Enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Set up replication and Always On availability groups for SQL server
- Responsible for maintaining 24/7 database availability.
- Design and test disaster database recovery plan.
- Design and support high availability database configuration.
- Work/collaborate with offshore vendors and consultants.
- Work with the IT Security & Compliance group to establish security standards and maintain PCI, GDPR, and CCPA compliance.
- Work with the Project Management team to track projects and help desk tickets.
- Work with the Infrastructure team to manage licensing cost.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA.
- 8+ years of experience in troubleshooting and optimizing database slowness.
- 3+ years of experience in AWS or other cloud.
- Must be able to work on 24/7 on-call schedule.
- Experience with SSRS, SSIS, table indexing, views, backups, SQL server log reviews, error corrections, database creation/changes, and scheduled replication of databases.
- Understanding of ETL processes and tools.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and process orientation.
- Desired not required, experience in Postgres administration, AWS RDS, AWS Redshift.