Job Title: Sr. Scrum Master
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Duration: 3+ months to Conversion
Contact Info: Ella Blank - email@example.com - 201-786-2414
- The ScrumMaster is a key role in Agile software development responsible for ensuring that Scrum practices and processes are followed by the team.
- The ScrumMaster serves as the liaison between the Product Owner and the Agile software development team.
- This role helps the team reach peak productivity, coaches and mentors resources, resolves impediments that block a team and help track their progress.
- The ScrumMaster also plays a critical role in the adoption of Scrum and other Agile development practices by the organization.
- A ScrumMaster at client also plays the role of Technical Delivery Manager and has to be hands on with the team in pushing projects forward (Doing whatever it takes).
- This role requires a team member that will not only run Agile/Delivery Lead projects but spend 20% of the time managing and coaching other ScrumMasters
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Must have significant experience ramping up, coaching and mentoring teams to peak productivity working in a complex inter dependent software development environment.
- The successful candidate will be considered a subject-matter expert in Scrum software development methodology, be an effective communicator with strong servant leadership skills, have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference.
- SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework is a plus)
- Liaison & Communication
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical (business) departments.
- Communicate with other management, developers, product managers, product relationship and technical support specialists on product issues.
- Facilitate Software Development
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Experience with introduction of Agile in a hybrid environment (waterfall) and interfacing between the two is a plus.
- Working with PMO to ensure they have information they require.
- Assist as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.
- Team & Process Management
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevents distractions to the team.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Empower the team to self-organize.
- Candidate could be expected to spend up to 20% of his/her time coaching and mentoring other members of the team, some management of other resources a plus.
- This needs to be an individual that puts the team before themselves.
- They will be responsible for enforcing the rules of Scrum, removing impediments from their team while promoting self-management and constantly improving standards of work.
- Thorough understanding of Scrum software development methodology, values, practices and procedures
- Deep understanding of Agile principles and iterative development methodologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft and software development
- Experience with Rally, Jira or Microsoft TFS / Visual Team Services (a plus)
- Ability to understand technical issues and identify the means to resolving them
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Collaborative in driving decisions.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Background in Technical Project Management
- Experience with Agile transformation in an organization
- Experience working with large programs that use multiple Agile teams
- Hands on experience with metrics and tracking tools used in Scrum
- Experience with scaling Agile in the enterprise
- Minimum six years' experience leading enterprise solutions design and development efforts
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Development tools
- Good knowledge of regional issues and structures, ability to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds Education
- Certified ScrumMaster with at least 2 + years of experience in this role post certification