JOB SUMMARY: Incumbent will formulate and define specifications for the most complex operating software programming applications, to work as part of a team with influence across a larger organization
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, construct, develop, and test complex computer application software or systems
2. Analyze users' needs and design software as necessary.
3. Maintain complex computer applications software and systems
4. Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance; identify candidate hardware systems and components.
5. Perform Technical Review of requirements, Analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
6. Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results
7. Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues
8. Provider technical leadership to the team and act as mentor to junior team members.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
The incumbent works with some supervision to construct and develop the most complex programming systems to support customers' application systems, relying on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work is varied with high complexity, requiring a high level of independent judgment within established guidelines. An incumbent has direct contact with end users and managers. Mentors less experience team members.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or 4 years equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years progressive software systems programming experience, of which 8+ years' experience of Java server programming using J2EE/JEE technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Search technologies such as Lucene and SOLR.
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop ecosystem.
- Knowlege and preferred experience with microservices, Containerizaton technologies (Docker), and container operation automation technologies (Kubernetes, Spring Cloud)
- Experience with Oracle Middleware Fusion Technologies such as OSB, SOA Suite etc.
- Strong knowledge of Java and a wide range of Java/J2EE/JEE technologies such as JDBC, Servlets, JTA, JMS, JNDI and others.
- Experience with Java application servers such as Weblogic
- Strong knowledge of Spring Framework
- Details knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns
- Very good understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications.
- Knowledge and good experience with Relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge and experience with PL/SQL
- Experience with advanced XML technologies and API's such as XSD, XSLT, XQuery, XPath etc.
- Strong Experience with Web Services and SOA and related standards such as SOAP, WSDL etc.
- Knowledge and experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies
- Knowledge and preferred experience with Big Data stacks and eco system
- Knowledge and experience with source control systems, SDLC processes, and tools used for development lifecycle processes like build, stage and deploy (Jenkins, Bamboo etc)
- Knowledge and experience with Linux/Unix systems
- Knowledge of large enterprise with significantly distributed infrastructure
- Knowledge of process stabilization, performance analysis, code optimization, and testing of applications
- Knowledge of healthcare claims and health insurance industry preferred
- Ability to quickly attain and understand new process with strict attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Ability to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications
- Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion
- Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
- Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute those decisions
- Ability to mentor less experienced team members
- Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Engineering & Aerospace, IT & Technical