Cybersecurity Data Protection Architect Expert
3-month Contract-to-Hire Job Description :
The data protection security architect reports to the Cybersecurity Architect Director and frequently interacts with the chief information security officer, as well as audit and compliance. The security architect is responsible for designing security solutions that protect business and customer data, but also allow the business to execute and innovate. The security architect will also be required to develop defined repeatable patterns for the architecture teams to follow that enforce the strategic direction and standards of the data protection domain. The data protection security architect works closely with many diverse and dynamic teams, including, but not limited to, security engineering, IT infrastructure, application development, security operations, security audit and end users. This position is also responsible for architecting solutions to secure business-to-business initiatives, third-party relationships, outsourced solutions and vendors.
The data protect security architect provides expert guidance for addressing current security issues, but has the foresight to see where the industry is headed and proactively deliver optimal secure solutions. The architect is expected to think like an adversary and identify how solutions should evolve as the threat landscape changes.
The position focuses on data protection security for structured and unstructured business and customer information. The successful candidate will partner with the data protection domain owner, application owners, and service providers to design security and privacy controls for internally and externally hosted applications.
* Ability to work with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically
* Critical thinking skills and not hesitate to question status quo
* 2+ years cybersecurity architecture
* 6+ years of information security experience
* 6+ years of experience delivering technology solutions in large-scale complex organizations
* Experience providing leadership and direction in the prevention, detection, and understanding of DLP
* Translating risk, security, and compliance requirements into specific security solutions and design patterns
* Maintaining and applying security reference architectures to deliver consistent, standardized solutions for Identity & Access Management, Data Protection, Secure DevOps, Security Operations, and other security domains
* Utilizing and applying knowledge of enterprise security and cloud security specific solutions into projects such as: IAM/IdaaS, CASB, Identity Governance, Cloud SOC/SIEM, Key Management & Encryption
* Technical leadership in Enterprise Architecture (EA), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and IT Service Delivery
* Experience influencing management on technical or business solutions
* Experience with a wide application of technical principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications or a component family
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
* Knowledge and understanding of data protection capabilities & frameworks (I want someone to understand that data protection is more than just DLP but an entire program)
* Knowledge and understanding of threat analysis and assessment of potential and current information security risk/threats
* Deep knowledge and understanding of cryptography and key management
* Knowledge and understanding of diverse platforms and operating systems, including current and emerging technologies
* Knowledge of Office365 and its security & best practices
* Knowledge of cloud service providers architecture and security practices
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
* 3+ years of experience in architectural, governance, risk management, information & data security, interoperability, portability, application security, encryption, key management, and identity, entitlements, & access management for applications
* Experience architecting applications for financial services business
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
* May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.