Senior Security Engineer
Vinings of Atlanta, GA
Contract to Hire
Brooksource is currently seeking an Sr Security Engineer to join our healthcare client in the Vining's, GA area. This is the ideal opportunity to get your foot in the door with a Healthcare IT Security team who is responsible for the development, implementation and management of activities related to our client's healthcare Information Cyber Security Program. As an Information Security Analyst, you will be responsible for the following, but not limited to: Incident Response/ System Forensics, Vulnerability Management, Intrusion Prevention, Log Correlation/Management, Data Classification and Loss Prevention.
- Monitors network security devices such as Data Loss Protection (Internet monitoring device), Security Event & Incident Monitoring (SEIM), and Vulnerability Management solution(s).
- Investigates various security events and incidents such as denial of service, virus infestations, and network abuse.
- Provides technical information security consulting services to staff responsible for our client's systems. Assist with implementation of counter-measures of mitigating controls.
- Performs detailed analysis of business need, identified IT Security impacts or considerations and translates into secure, viable technical solutions.
- Identifies areas where existing policies and procedures require change and suggests appropriate changes.
- Develops and maintains documentation and procedure of network security systems. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Assists with and/or performs special projects as requested.
- 3 (three) years of work experience in Information Security or a closely related field to include experience in Network Security Protocols and Methodologies and experience with network and systems administration.
- Ability to maintain operational computer and network security, intrusion detection (IDS) and prevention (IPS), vulnerability scanning and data loss protection (DLP)at rest and in motion tools.
- Solid understanding of the Information Security & IT controls, security penetration and vulnerability assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally known information technology platforms, standards, and software development languages.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Programming, Engineering or a closely related field OR equivalent experience equal to four (4) years' experience beyond the minimum experience required will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Preferred certification in the following area(s): Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Healthcare Certified Information Security and Privacy Professional (HCISPP), GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), GIAC Certified Window Security Administrator (GCWN), GIAC Security Essentials Certified (GSEC).
- Working knowledge of security regulations such as HIPAA, PCI-DSS 3.2 and security standards including ISO 27002, and NIST.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.