Summary:Senior software engineers are responsible for full stack web applications development in a Java environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle utilizing Agile Scrum methodology in the creation of new software products.
- Collaborate with business analysts, product managers and other development engineers in the design and evolution of software solutions that support any and all types of financial transactions in higher education.
- Adhere to the highest standards to insure the security and reliability of our applications
- PCI DSS-compliant development and code review
- Ability to interact with key customers during development, provide Tier III level support in problem resolution, and receive product feedback from customers at our bi-annual user conference
- Limited on-call work hours; work-life balance is a priority at Touchnet!
- A minimum of 5 year experience in software development
- Experience with Object Oriented programming
- A passion for learning new technologies
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- BS/BA degree completed or in the works (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business/CIS or related), preferred
- Spring MVC
- EJB and PL/SQL
- ORM, Hibernate, JPA
- Experience with ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, Banner and Colleague or similar
- Experience working with higher education institutions
- Understanding of PCI compliance
- Payment industry/financial transaction experience
- Confluence, JIRA, SVN, Git, FishEye, Crucible, Maven, Jenkins, JUnit, Balsamiq, and Microsoft Office
- Agile methodology
This position will be working out of our Lenexa, KS offices. Remote is not an option. Additionally, sponsorship is not available for this role, at this time.
TouchNet, a Global Payments Company, is a pioneer in delivering innovative commerce solutions to Higher Education. Since 1989, colleges and universities have relied on TouchNet to unify and secure transactions everywhere money moves on campus. Today, TouchNet U.Commerce is the premier commerce management system for Higher Education. TouchNet solutions help institutions run campus business better by providing greater control over transactions, costs, compliance, and financial operations.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.