Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use.
- Contribute as a technical expert on development projects across the full development life cycle:
- Analyze business requirements and estimate level of effort
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Write code.
- Perform Unit and Integration testing.
- Participate in design and code review meetings.
- Write Release Notes for QA and End Users.
- Deploy software and systems to production.
- Troubleshoot & resolve production issues.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Drive the execution of complex cross functional projects to ensure their successful and on-time completion.
- Ensure developed solutions fit within the existing system, technical, and application architectures and standards.
- Collaborate with Product Management, R&D, and Architecture to address important customer issues and find innovative solutions to difficult problems.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Update job knowledge by studying development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of programming languages and software development practices.
- Experience developing n-tier, scalable applications using web-service architectures.
- Skills in data structures, algorithms, and formal test techniques.
- Ability to work on highly complex issues with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter with excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated ability for self-directed learning
- Ability to discuss tradeoffs in design choices and how they affect the properties and behavior of the system as a whole.
- Ability to take total ownership of assigned projects.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Ability and willingness to select, learn, and teach new technologies.
- Ability to apply the code styles, structures, and organizations that facilitate reuse, understanding, and testability.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7-10 years of development experience
- JSON RESTful Web Services
- Bash & PHP Scripting
- Load balancers, caching solutions, and other moving parts of a high-performance application infrastructure
- Experience developing voice and/or speech recognition software
- Knowledge and experience with signal processing
- Experience with UDP/TCP networking protocols
- Experience working with telephone systems
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.