Our client, a major defense contractor located in Marlborough, MA is in need of a Senior Software Engineer for full time employment. The Sr. Software Engineer will be supporting the integration of two cutting edge Air and Missile Defense Radar systems that are used on US Navy ships. The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the Radar software applications in an Agile environment, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. These radar software applications are developed using C++, running on Linux or UNIX operating systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ experience developing in C++
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Radar Systems engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in a Linux or Unix environment
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Active U.S. Security Clearance, or having had an active clearance within the last 18 months
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Preferred or Nice to Have Skills:
- Software development experience within the DoD space
- Familiarity with some of the following software tools:
- Rational Rhapsody, Rational Clear Case, Rational Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) knowledge
- College Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.