This role will be working with a team of 10 performing R&D software verification testing. Solid understanding the QA process and SDLC. Manual behavioral functional testing is a must. Some experience with UI automation using TestComplete.
Testing included in the role:
Behavioral testing - software requirement specs
UI testing - navigate and simplify the application
Middle-ware - graphics
Client server application
Embedded app for macs
EMBEDDED TESTING IS A PLUS
Ad hoc, functional
Grey and white box is a plus, not a requirement
The role includes some sitting in the lab and testing the functionality of the actual device as well as simulators
This company is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, this company serves people in more than 150 countries and employs more than 103,000 people.
The Software Test Engineer will be a part of the Software Engineering organization, supporting the software verification process by creating and executing manual or automation test protocols. They will also support development software releases by performing acceptance testing, logging defects, and providing recommendations on build readiness.
Core Job Responsibilities
* Work with software developers and other testers to ensure quality processes are integrated throughout an iterative and fast-paced development environment
* Write, dry run, approve, and execute software verification test protocols
* Create test designs for software features and functions
* Maintain requirements traceability for test cases
* Perform integration and acceptance testing for new software builds
* Review and provide feedback on testability of software requirements
* Isolate, characterize and log new software defects
* Test and close resolved software defects
Qualifications and Experience
* 5+ years of experience in software testing required
* BS in Engineering highly preferred, or equivalent years of work experience
* Experience testing software for medical devices or in a regulated industry (e.g. FDA, Aerospace, Defense) strongly preferred
* Working knowledge of software test management software (e.g. HP Quality Center), Requirements Management software(e.g. DOORS), and Defect Tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
* Experience with Scrum/Agile software development methodologies desired
* Experience testing on both Windows and Linux platforms is a plus
* Automated UI Testing is a plus, particularly Test Complete
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Creativity in test design and finding bugs
* Passionate about product quality
* Highly detail oriented and accurate
* Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
* Logical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting of complex systems
Significant Work Activities and Conditions Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday).
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.