LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
LyondellBasell's Global Procurement group facilitates supply solutions globally for LyondellBasell. We manage supplier relationships in order to provide value to our internal customers in the acquisition of materials, services, and utilities.
This position reports to a Category Manager within the Technical Materials procurement team and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy, and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates value by providing appropriate input into the development and implementation of sourcing strategies, function/business specific related agreements and related work processes in accordance with the global strategy.
- Supports all clients in the business and functions that responsible category areas support. An active team member with responsibility for various sourcing activities pertaining to running the business, capital projects and provides support to the overall sourcing strategy.
- Begins to independently manage sourcing projects with increasing complexity and medium value.
- Executes the sourcing process and is able to effectively source segments and/or commodities with increasing complexity and medium value.
- Understands strategies for assigned segments or commodities and proactively drives initiatives to meet sourcing objectives.
- Drives productivity opportunities with supply base to deliver value to the business.
- Supports Category Managers during complex sourcing initiatives through data modeling and analysis, change management and new process execution.
- Ensures high ethical and financial control compliance standards are met by the organization.
- Maximizes revenue share and controls cost by responding to audits, surveys, or other information requests from internal and external sources.
- Articulates LYB procurement policies and standards. Encourages and enforces compliance. Answers inquiries requiring interpretation of policies and contributes to a strong governance culture by complying with appropriate governance policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with the Buyers in the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Develops and composes bid specification in such a manner that internal customer needs are addressed.
- Demonstrates the initiative to challenge inefficiencies, process deviations, and strategy deviations.
- Understands strategies for assigned commodities and proactively drives initiatives to meet sourcing objectives.
- Assesses supplier capabilities thru KPI analysis and makes recommendations on supplier acceptability. Identifies and qualifies new suppliers as required.
- Bachelor's degree required (or recognized equivalent).
- 6+ years related experience required with a degree (10 years in lieu of a degree);
- Negotiations and contract experience required.
- Master's degree preferred (or recognized equivalent).
- 3+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing environment, in Technical or Business-related positions preferred.
- Experience with mechanical static equipment such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, mechanical seals, manual valves, gear-boxes, packaged equipment is preferred
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston