The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced System Engineer 3 with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance who will work with various teams to support Transition and Decommissioning activities for a large and complex program. This Senior System Engineer position requires extensive experience with WebLogic and is a part-time opportunity requiring the Sr. SE to consult the program onsite for 24 (fixed) hours per week. Schedule is negotiable.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The OCEANWAVE (OW) program is a new and exciting program supporting of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, OW looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the OW program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
What you will like about this position:
Work in a small, integrated team environment, focused on innovating and driving solutions to meet current and future mission needs.
- Consult the program as the WebLogic SME on the team
- Support and consult on complex transition and decommissioning activities
- Create documentation with repeatable steps for developers to follow
- Development and updating of project documentation
- Perform Testing/Troubleshooting assignments
- Generate CONOPS and Data Flow Documentation
- Analyze wireless signals to refine and scope customer requirements, and test and integration plans
- Experienced in transitioning and decommissioning systems
- Ability to configure, maintain, install, and update standalone and enterprise systems
- Experience using a “black box” approach of mapping data inputs to system outputs.
- Must be able to meet with super-users to determine any necessary modifications to the system output.
- The applicant should have a thorough understanding of data flows.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- The individual will be expected to interact with customers and participate in technical meetings.
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to interact effectively with developers and the Customer; cubicle environment.
- Program will consider a Sr. Software Engineer (SWE3) who possesses WebLogic expertise and has some system engineering abilities.
Must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph in order to be considered for this position. Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with C, 370 Assembly, MVS Job Control Language and PL/1 would be helpful but not required.
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- Experienced in JAVA, VMs, MASH, DBA, UNIX, Linux, Oracle, Sybase, NiFi based systems
- Strong communication skills
- Able to function within a large development team; interfacing, creating schedules, briefings, and status reports
- Must be able to interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers AND customers; some travel to deployment sites may be necessary
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.