Responsible for unique or complex information systems and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline, such as application support, database administration, software quality assurance/quality control, software engineering, network telecommunications, and infrastructure operations of administration, analysis, engineering and design.
- Monitors and supports the complex information technology and systems infrastructures (80% Linux and 20% Windows) .
- Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of complex information technology tools.
- Handles user requests for system needs and upgrades that are unique or complex and often involve additional research.
- Troubleshoots and resolves unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
- Implements various applications of a highly complex nature.
- Administers and runs complex tests on operating system and related software.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Performs root cause analysis and diagnostics on the more unique or complex production systems.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
- Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
- Acts as a mentor to junior team members.
- Applies scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience; 2 years of experience for every year of college.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in information technology, systems administration or other IT related field.
Other Job Specific Skills
- 5+ years of LINUX OS experience as a hands-on System Administrator.
- Familiarity with the kernel, SHELL, or other type of scripting language (PERL, PHP, etc.), and supporting clients in enterprise-level infrastructure environments.
- 3+ years of experience supporting large enterprise level environments
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows 7 & 8, Windows Servers, Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Lync 2013
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or Google cloud
- Experience with installing and configuring applications including Tableau, SAS, Data Lakes, etc.
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls (WAF) is a plus
- Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex system hardware, software or networking related problems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a senior project participant.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
- Exceptional customer service skills.