Can you see yourself in a long term position, working for a prestigious company? If so, our client is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator for an exciting contract to hire scenario. The Senior Systems Administrator will work with departmental application leaders to discover, design, tune and implement business solutions. Responsibilities include providing third level support for the existing operating infrastructure. Interfaces with departmental leaders, application users and vendors to provide procedural, design and instructional support. Plans, coordinates and performs required installations, configurations, and maintenance of the existing physical and virtual server operating environment. The position requires a person that has strong interpersonal communication skills. The individual is also responsible for user training, system security, environment documentation, workflow diagrams, and ensuring compliance to industry standards and regulations.
- Evaluates, installs, tests, monitors and maintains system software. Analyzes system and application software malfunctions and corrects or assists in problem solution.
- Provide third level support for systems on both the operating system and the applications levels.
- Organizes and performs system analysis, design and programming. This includes gathering data for analysis of problem areas, analyzing documents, files, reports and other applications related workflow and documenting present procedures and operating techniques.
- Gathers and evaluates functional requirements, review technology/application alternatives, develop architectural strategies to meet functional requirements.
- Provides ongoing research and development activities to investigate new technologies and tools which might be used by Company personnel to more effectively and efficiently perform their jobs. Performs functional evaluations of candidate products.
- Possesses a strong understanding of current and emerging technologies.
- Provides recommendations for replacement of existing computing equipment with new or upgraded equipment.
- Maintains the backup and recovery of all corporate data.
- Maintains current knowledge of system design methodology and techniques, standard languages, coding methods and operations requirements.
- Provides user support for all computer systems used.
- Performs all other job-related tasks as assigned.
- Microsoft Certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Microsoft Active Directory.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Microsoft SQL Server.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Minimum 3 years of experience configuring / administering Office 365.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Symantec Endpoint Protection or other Endpoint Security Agents..
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering VMware / vSphere.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Citrix.
- Hyper-converged infrastructure experience is a Plus