One of our competitive clients within the Birmingham Area is looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator.
The candidate will be the SME for anything regarding the VMWare infrastructure including VXRail, a hyper-converged server farm. This candidate will join forces with another Sr. Admin and the manager to manage the Windows and Linux infrastructure. Within that infrastructure, the administrator will be responsible for DNS/DHCP, MS SQL, SAN, Cisco UCS blade servers, etc. Our client is looking for someone who has not been silo'd into one particular piece of server administration. However, the manager is also looking for someone who has essentially been a SME for VMWare/virtualization rather than someone who has been a server admin and had some responsibilities with VMWare.
The formal company job description is below
* Manages the day-to-day operations of the company's Wintel/Linux systems by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Applies revisions to system firmware and software. Works with and utilizes 3rd party hosting provider to assist support activities.
* Manages, supports and configures the VCenter / VMWare environment while looking for efficiencies on the utilization of the resources associated with the VM eco-system.
* Lead a team of external vendors to ensure production environment is running at maximum efficiency
* Manages the backup of local Wintel & Linux data using the TSM toolset, validates backup jobs are completed and/or perform troubleshooting of failed jobs and ensures company is in a ready state in the event of requiring the recovery of data due to local or enterprise wide disaster occurring.
* Owner of the Active Directory environment and is proficient in related systems / tools.
* Implements new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability
* Performs proactive monitoring and system troubleshooting. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations
* Manages and maintains the Zerto environment ensuring data resiliency across our production environment.
* Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical computer resources
* Maintain and follow procedures to maintain security and protect systems
* Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for the organization to take advantage of new technology
* Insuring reliability and availability of hardware and software components that provide: Fault tolerance; Load balancing; Disaster recovery methods such as backup and restore
* Protect the company's assets and financial information by ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of internal control procedures, and informing management of potential fraud risk
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.