Contract-to-Hire Senior Systems Engineer role in Boca Raton, FL.
Our client is a privately held organization with headquarters in Boca Raton and around 4500 employees. This will be a highly visible position reporting directly to the Director of Infrastructure. The company is about to begin a cloud migration so that experience is highly desired.
Salary: $115,000 + bonus
About CSI Tech:
CSI Tech is a different kind of IT talent company. We do our homework to match the right people, with the right skills, to every client challenge. Whether you’re an organization with an immediate IT staffing need or an IT professional searching for the idea opportunity, CSI Tech is the solution you’ve been looking for. We do IT talent right.
Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated service issues as well as coaching other engineers and managed service providers to resolutions. They will be involved with engineering and implementing complex projects. This role is a key position within the Infrastructure Operations department and will be called upon to resolve the highest level technical issues.
- Collaborates with operations staff, vendors, development teams, and security teams to ensure secure and reliable operation of software and systems.
- Works with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Provides technical services and support for the following areas:
o Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
o Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, O365
o Virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
o Development team support in an operational capacity
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications• Works escalated support issues related to core business solutions.
- Documents standards, policies, procedures, and architectural documentation for all computer systems infrastructure.
- Mentors and coaches other administrators and engineers.
- Gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Proposes and creates system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
OVM, vSphere, Citrix, SQL, and Terminal Services
Linux and Microsoft operating systems
Microsoft centric cloud and on-premise technologies – Azure, Azure Active
Directory, Office 365, etc.
Cloud platform configuration, management, and implementation
SDLC/DevOps Tools (Jenkins, Ansible, New Relic, Splunk, Jira, etc.)