Job Req #: 21-03371
Job Description: Senior Test Engineer
Position Type: Permanent/Full-time
We are seeking a Senior Test Engineer who is passionate about making data accessible for technical and non-technical users. The ideal candidate has a learner’s mindset and a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. This person should be experienced in both manual and automation testing with Selenium and/or Cypress, from public facing, comsumer based web technologies. They should be well-versed at creating/writing their own test cases. A huge plus would be any WebTV/Samsung/LG/TVOS/Fire/Android/10-foot device experience. Must have traditional cross-browser web/app testing for mobile and desktop.
- Collaborate with product, UX, and development teams to understand testing requirements
- Lead QA team in evolving and documenting test processes
- Expand automation test libraries using Cypress and Selenium
- Develop and maintain test documentation including test cases written and wiki articles
- Certify release builds in QA and Production environments
- Perform periodic production systems checks
- Participate actively in agile scrum ceremonies including stand-up, demos, and retrospectives
- Bachelor's Degree in science related field preferred
- 5+ years experience in a QA Engineering role
- 2+ years front-end automation testing experience
- Restful API testing experience using tools like Postman
- Solid understanding of client-server architectures and web browser technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills with web applications and APIs
“Salary between $105K and $135K depending on selected candidates years of relevant experience”
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!