Senior UX Interaction Designer
Location: Chicago, IL
Our client is seeking a Senior UX Interaction Designer who has strong research skill, to join the Edison AI Services group. In this role you will help create useful, usable, and desirable applications for data scientists who create systems that improve the efficiency and accuracy of patient care. You will lead, consult on, or manage multiple user experience projects, as well as work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized business domains.
- Lead and influence business-wide discussions relative to current user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
- Be fluent in use of a visual design system and its applications in data-intensive software
- Demonstrate mastery of the end-end UX process, including quantitative and qualitative user research for discovery and product definition, and multiple methods of formal and informal user evaluations
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
- Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
- Lead research and evaluation of designs, as well as emerging technology, industry, and market trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in 'STEM' Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Minimum 4 years' experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to travel
- Desired Characteristics:
- Technical Expertise:
- Uses participatory design activities (e.g. paper prototype co-creation, card sorting) to understand vision, business model and assumptions and tacit knowledge about user needs and behaviors.
- Conducts user research to understand user needs, mental models and working contexts
- Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition.
- Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application.
- Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch), hand drawing and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote).
- Develops knowledge of industrial business domains, products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
- Understands and stays up to date on the industry's technology landscape; brings new ideas to the team. Maps industry technology trends to internal vision.
- Understands principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
- Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
- Understands the value of a rigorous, collaborative and transparent decision-making process.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to key cultural issues.
- Uses generative techniques (sketching, brainstorming, etc.) to establish a variety of possible design decisions and decision scenarios.
- Expresses UX and design concepts to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of design ideas.
- Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain.
- Demonstrates the ability to extract and communicate how customer groups are thinking and feeling.
- Asks questions appropriate to translating an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions.
- Captures specific information from the audience and validates it back to them for acceptance.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.