Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
Sr. Vehicle Dynamics and Durability CAE Engineer
As the Sr. Vehicle Dynamics and Durability CAE Engineer, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to develop an electric vehicle’s dynamic and durability performances. You will lead the effort in building vehicle ADAMS model and use the resulted loads to do stiffness, strength, stress and fatigue analysis. You would also participate in design, simulation, bench testing and Road Load Data testing of concept and production cars. Basically, you’ll make sure that out EV product will meet the ride & handling performance and durability performances.
- BEME or MSME
- (> 5) years of experience in multi body simulation using ADAMS or similar tools.
- Proven knowledge + expertise + passion for vehicle dynamics, suspension characteristics, as well as K&C testing and simulation, etc.
- FEA linear & non-linear stress analysis, modal analysis, stiffness analysis, ultimate strength and fatigue analysis, structure optimization;
- Familiarity with basic structure of cars and various load cases such as Quasi-static, Random Vibration, and Road Load extracted from RLDA
- Proven expertise with Vehicle Dynamics Simulation, K&C testing and data analysis, RLDA testing and data analysis, CAE/Testing correlation;
- Diverse skillset including multi body simulation, FEA analysis, CAD, Design & Release, vehicle testing.
- Wide-ranging experience with vehicle development, quality and manufacturing process
- Creative curiosity + hardworking enthusiasm + driving personal vision
- Excellent communication + teamwork skills
- Affinity for multi-tasking + self-starting
- Commitment to global change
- True sense of determination + (hopefully) a sense of humor