WMATA is searching for a seasoned .Net application developer who is looking for the opportunity to develop and support multiple complex transit applications in a high skilled environment. Among the technologies currently in use are .Net 4.6.1, Angular 2 (SPA), Node.js 4+, Bootstrap CSS, Kendo UI, NUnit, Karma and Selenium. We are an Agile development shop that utilizes a full range of Atlassian tools, including Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, FishEye, Test Rail, and Crucible. The development team also supports a number of cloud-based API's with over 2.4B annual calls. Major projects are currently underway with the opportunity to play a significant role on high visibility applications.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Seven (7) years of experience in progressively responsible and diversified information systems, communication systems management and technical experience in a large organization including some experience in the development of major IT policies.
- With Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Business or Public Administration, five (5) years of experience in progressively responsible and diversified information systems, communication systems management and technical experience in a large organization including some experience in the development of major IT policies.
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Business or Public Administration or related field.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
This position is located in the Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority (WMATA), Office of Information Technology (OIT). The incumbent will provide technical and Web applications development services to support WMATA departments' programmatic requirements via the Internet and Intranet. This position requires the application of technical knowledge of Internet systems, services, and technologies.
- Creates and supports complex, n-tier web applications (both customer facing and internal) to support WMATA departmental requirements. Ensures that process efficiency and software development life-cycle standards are being met according to the guidelines set forth by the Authority.
- Coordinates directly with WMATA departments regarding their web application requirements, and within the Information Technology department with components that support the development, deployment and ongoing operation of web applications, such as security, network communications and server operations.
- Responsible for developing upgrade plans for departmental applications (in consultation with end users), and ensures the efficient and cost effective resolution of maintenance, operations, and support issues. Serves as a technical subject matter expert by providing advice to web application developers regarding web application security, application performance, and ease of maintenance.
- Remains abreast of new developments in web applications, Internet and Intranet and related technologies, to the extent that these developments may benefit WMATA. Serves as a technical resource to WMATA web developers in the application of new technologies. Represents the web application group's interests in IT department forums that provide change control oversight and application architecture design for the Authority.
- Develops and implements Internet and Intranet application policies, procedures, and standards and ensures their conformance with WMATA objectives.
- Applies an enterprise-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of the enterprise. Develops analytical techniques and methodologies for problem solutions.
- Performs strategic systems planning, business information planning, and business analysis. Performs process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools such as UML. Applies reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to develop migration planning and strategy documents.
- Responsible for performing all phases of the web software development lifecycle, including design, programming, testing (unit and system level), debugging, and internal documentation. Provides technical guidance for web application development and application maintenance teams.
- Creates instructive diagrams and flowcharts of IT systems, processes, and workflows. Translates processes and procedures into reference documents for use in PowerPoint presentations for senior IT management and the ELT.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview .