Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talent individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
JOB SUMMARY: The incumbent will be expected to learn the Analytics system and contribute to the design and maintenance of the overall Analytics system. Incumbent will formulate and define specifications for complex operating software programming applications, to work as part of a team with influence across a larger organization while representing the Analytics Department.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, design, develop and test software that contributes to the Analytics system based on Team Foundation Server requirements that define rules for detection of waste, abuse and fraud on healthcare claims.
2. Understand how fraud, waste and abuse is identified with claims data. Be able to work with the research team to create business and system requirements that identify fraud, waste and abuse in health care claims data.
3. Analyze system needs and design software as necessary.
4. Maintain complex database software and systems.
5. Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new requirements and improve performance.
6. Perform Technical Review of requirements, Analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
7. Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with research and operations to achieve timely results.
8. Review and understand requirements documents. Discuss and clarify requirements as needed with health care researchers and analysts.
9. Debug, enhance and improve performance of Structured Query Language (SQL) stored procedures.
10. Provide technical leadership to the team and act as mentor to junior team members.
11. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
12. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
13. Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
14. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data, this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
15. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The incumbent works with some supervision to construct and develop complex procedures to support Analytics application systems, relying on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work is varied with high complexity, requiring a high level of independent judgment within established guidelines. An incumbent has direct contact with end users and managers. This position mentors less experienced team members.