We are seeking a skilled Sr Android Developer with 5+ years of mobile app development experience on Android. This position is based in Redwood City, CA.
- Design, Develop and manage Native Android applications
- Integrate other applications web service (AWS) APIs into User interface of the mobile application
- Work with Internal and External Stakeholders to understand the use case, scenario and identify the best solution
- Work with multi-disciplinary team in an agile and fast-paced development environment to define, create, and maintain the software product
- 8+ years' mobile development experience using Android.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, IS, Engineering [Electrical/Electronics] and relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an interest in working collaboratively with offshore team members
- Very strong in object-oriented concepts & design patterns
- Practical Android coding and debugging experience.
- Solid experience of common Java and Android design patterns - Loaders, List view recyclers, Observers etc.
- Experience in working with Android compatibility APIs, Android Fragments.
- Sound experience of Android User Interface API, spanning multiple device configurations.
- Good experience of networking with Async tasks and HttpConnectionand loaders.
- Experience of working with Web Services and common data interchange formats: JSON, XML.
- Local data storage using SQLite databases and shared preferences.
- Knowledge of Lollipop - key frameworks, tools, technologies end-user and developer enhancements will be added advantage
- Experience in using Services and Interposes communications.
- Sound working knowledge of application profiling and instrumentation with debugger and gauges.
- Peer code review
- Unit testing experience using JUnit.
- Experience of working in development teams using Continuous Integration: Jenkins/Hudson.
- Has shipped multiple Android applications and demonstrate this where possible.
- Knowledge of application deployment and Code-signing.
- Experience working with off-shore teams in a client setting.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge and experience on Bluetooth Low energy.
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Project Management Consulting
- Business Process Analysis and Re-engineering
- Custom Application Development/Programming
- Cyber Security Consulting
- IT Staffing
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.
IT & Technical