Solutions Point is recruiting for a Sr Business Analysts. This is a to contract opportunity with the potential to go permanent. Our client is located in Lenexa, Ks. Client provides a great work environment and work life balance.
The Business Analyst enables the stakeholders in the enterprise to define and articulate the needs and rationale for change. The Business Analyst also describes the design and value of the proposed solutions, along with recommendations that will meet the needs of the stakeholder. The Business Analysts does this through a combination of investigative, analytical, documentation and design skills. The Business Analysts works on a variety of initiatives within the enterprise that may be strategic, tactical or operational. These initiatives may be performed within the boundaries of a project or as a continuous improvement activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with stakeholders to understand business problems and needs through performing the following:
- Facilitate requirements workshops and document requirements and user stories
- Describe business problem in common language
- Analyze problems to develop possible solutions
- Apply various interviewing techniques to gather and draw information from stakeholders or subject matter experts
- Evaluate quality of data/information provided by outside sources
- Analyze and communicate stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into system requirements.
Provide documentation to support analysis by performing the following:
- Provide solutions or improvements along with recommendations to solve business problems.
- Facilitate stakeholder analysis and decision making
- Advise stakeholders on recommendations for solution along with pluses and minuses
- Use data modeling to improve the flow of information through the organization.
- Gather information and best practices to provide to users
Perform solution gap analysis by performing the following:
- Analyze and document the current state business processes.
- Understand proposed solutions to document future state business processes.
- Analyze between current state and possible solutions to understand gaps
Communicate and effectively interact with internal and external team members:
- Act as liaison between business stakeholders and the information technology team or third party vendors
- Work with technical staff to bridge technical design and business solution design to meet business goals.
- Foster cooperation and build consensus; gain agreement and resolve issues and conflicts, often among multiple external entities or persons.
Ability to perform quality assurance functions by performing the following:
- Design use cases that meet business needs
- Develop test criteria to meet use case design
- Participate in testing as needed
- Verify test results against uses cases