• Experience in Cloud platform AWS eco-system.
• Data Engineering/Development experience with SQL (Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL).
• Strong development background creating pipelines and complex data transformations and manipulations using one of the languages Python, Java, R, or Scala.
• Experience in NoSQL Databases and Big data technologies including Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra.
• Experience with API / RESTful data services.
• Worked on real-time data capture, processing and storing using technologies like Kafka, AWS Kinesis.
• Understanding of different data formats including Parquet, Avro, CSV, ORC etc
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of experience in the data and analytics space
• Certification –preferably AWS Certified Big Data or any other cloud data platforms, big data platforms
• Experience developing and implementing enterprise-level data solutions utilizing Python (Scikit-lean, Scipy, Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow) , Java, Spark, and Scala, Airflow , Hive and Python.
• Key aspects of software engineering such as parallel data processing, data flows, REST APIs, JSON, XML, and micro service architectures.
• Experience working on Big Data Processing Frameworks and Tools – Map Reduce, YARN, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Sqoop, and good knowledge of common big data file formats (e.g., Parquet, ORC, etc.)
• RDBMS concepts with Strong Data analysis and SQL experience
• Linux OS command line tools and bash scripting proficiency