Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Under general direction, develops, implements, and maintains moderately complex proprietary and/or purchased software systems/applications in support of the financial services and investments divisions. Designs, codes, modifies, tests, debugs, integrates and documents cloud based Interactive Voice Response (IVR) applications from specifications. This can include working with the overall operating systems and databases, external web interfaces, sophisticated file maintenance, accounting systems, document/recording interfaces, etc. Documents all system/application scope and objectives, leads projects of moderate scope, and participates in post implementation reviews and quality assurance
- Under minimal supervision, designs, develops and/or repairs logic that drives moderately complex software systems/application functionality.
- Works closely with more senior staff on more complex and/or integrated programming issues.
- Performs key portions of the system development lifecycle including designing, coding, code reviews with peers prior to submitting for QA, unit testing, documenting, installing, maintaining, and supporting proprietary and/or purchased software systems/applications.
- Performs unit and performance testing on code and documents findings within defined scope.
- Develops enhancements to satisfy end-user requirements.
- Completes moderately complex project tasks within defined milestones.
- May lead or manage projects. May train and mentor less experienced staff.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum four (4) years related systems experience building enterprise applications using Java and REST
- Direct experience or working knowledge with AWS Connect, Lex, Poly and Comprehend
- Direct experience or working knowledge with AWS technologies including ECS/EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB, Cloudformation and IAM
- Direct experience or working knowledge with AWS networking and routing techniques VPC, ALB, NLB and Route 53
- Prefer AWS certified solution architect/developer/sysops administrator
- Working knowledge with Jira and Agile
- Available for rotational on-call duties
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!