The Sr. development engineer will be responsible for operation and administration of the entire database infrastructure (including Oracle & MS SQL) for Canon Financial Services. The professional will also be responsible for creating SQL programs, reports, and data warehouse components as needed
- Proficiency in BOTH Oracle and MS SQL Server Database products and add-ons
- Administration of databases including all facets of creation, user set up, role set up, application interfaces ,
- Performance Tuning for daily operations and setting long range plans for performance
- Maintenance of databases including table maintenance, user access maintenance, connectivity maintenance
- Employ and Manage ETL (Datastage, SSIS, SQLLoader, etc..) principles and technologies in the database environment
- Employ high availability and continuity features and process to the database infrastructure
- Ensure database security practices are implemented & observed
- Utilize the latest development technologies to support new internal and external applications that meet the requirements of the business.
- Enhance and modify existing database applications as needed.
- Independently Support building and maintenance of the new Data Warehouse built on Business Objects
- Independently Support ETL processes as needed
- Independently Support Crystal Report and Microsoft Reporting Services environments as well as develop reports within these platforms as needed
- Independently Support and manager data migration projects as needed
- Develop and Maintain database standards
- 7+ years Experience as a Database Administrator in a large multi-server environment
- Experience with multiple Database Architectures (Oracle, SQLSERVER)
- Advanced programming and reporting skills with Oracle (pl/Sql) and/or SqlServer (TSql)
- Database performance and SQL tuning
- Experience with Infolease or other Leasing Systems a plus
- Experience with IBMs DataStage a plus
- Experience with SAPs BusinessObjects a plus
- Financial Services experience a plus
- Data Analytics languages such as R or Azure Machine Learning a plus
- Experience with large data migration projects a plus
About our Company - Canon Financial Services, Inc. (CFS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact [email protected].
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. .
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. .
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.