Job Title: Sr Electrical Engineer
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498
Duration: 06 Months
- The Sr Electrical Engineer will design and support complex ruggedized hardware for fixed-wing and rotary-wing environments.
- Recently, this team completed development of a video graphics system, a video processing computer that provides 3-D video processing of aerial refueling operations, a tactical situational awareness system, and a ruggedized computing platform that provides pilots with real time situational awareness for the Next Generation Tanker.
- Additional products developed by this team include integrated processing cabinets, control display units, control panels, next generation processors and data transfer units that are used on multiple military platforms.
- There are also opportunities to develop digital logic for complex FPGA and SoC applications, perform testing in on site EEE facilities, and support transition of products into production.
- The selected candidate will work closely with Systems, Software, Mechanical Engineers, Environmental Effects Engineering, Manufacturing/Operations and Design to Cost support staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product’s lifecycle.
Support activities include:
- Production support of complex avionics hardware including aircraft displays and mission computers.
- Development of test support equipment for integration and formal qualification (EMI/ENV) of complex avionics hardware including aircraft displays and mission computers.
- Obsolescence management of complex circuit card designs include multiple memory technologies, data interfaces, and mixed analog/digital designs.
- Development and test of high speed digital circuit board designs (processors, I/O, backplane, graphics) requiring the application of electrical engineering principles and techniques.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills required. Also requires knowledge of hardware design processes, signal integrity analysis, manufacturability, testability, and thermal control.
- Direct industry experience and knowledge of MIL-STDs (461, 810, etc.) and DO-160,