Our client, a Restaurant chain located in Champaign, Illinois is in need of an Sr. Information Security GRC Specialist for full time hire. Reporting directly to the Information Security Officer (ISO), The Sr. Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining all governance, risk and compliance (GRC) obligations for the company while overseeing the InfoSec risk assessment program and audits. Acting as a mentor to the Security team, The Sr. Specialist will collaborate regularly with the Project Management Organization and the ISO to ensure GRC initiatives and security policies are implemented; evaluating and making recommendations on security programs or new potential security systems.
- 5+ years of Information Security experience
- 2+ years of experience of GRC experience with a core focus on conducting risk assessments and implementing/enforcing security policies, procedures and best practices
- Understanding of risk assessment and ability to identify potential InfoSec risks to the organization.
- A detailed understanding of Security Governance protocols (ISO 27000 and NIST 800-53 specifically) as well as familiarity with PCI and State PII compliance.
- Experience working within a team environment with the ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred or Nice to Have Skills:
- CISA, CRISC, CISM, CISSP or other related security certifications