Sr Java/AWS Engineer - Multi-year Role
Our enterprise client recently won additional business with 2 new OEM's- FCA (Fiat/Chrysler/Automotive)- ie:Toyota, Lexus, Honda Acura as well as Nissan Infinity for their Second Generation business. These software engineers will help to design, develop and maintain the clients CV Public-Facing API. There will be a mix between legacy system new enhancements and features, that support clients such as Mercedes Benz 2006 services, as well as brand new development for the FCA and Infinity Nissan services.
The Connected Vehicle Services division of our client builds and delivers software-based services on their connected car platform. The software they develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, their software helps to save lives.
Our client is looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help create, extend, and maintain the core of their connected car software platform as they expand past current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
This is an opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills including cutting edge, cloud-based initiatives. Our client focuses on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help them make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally. This is a jeans and t-shirt type of work environment.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Equivalent experience or degrees in other technical fields will be evaluated and considered
- 6+ years of strong Middle to Back End Java experience, developing with Core Java/J2EE
- Hands-on, practical experience deploying into AWS cloud
- Lambdas, S3, SQS/SNS and EC2 is experience is essential
- Microservices experience
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners
- A willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly
- They use Spring Boot and Spring Security
- Experience with messaging within AWS like SNS or SQS is a big bonus, but not required. Some type of module experience within AWS to bring knowledge and relatable experience to the table is a must
- MySQL or SQL Server Database experience is preferred
- Self-sufficiency on setting up development and simulated production environments in order to cooperatively troubleshoot your componenet(s) in an overall project solution
- Ability to write, self-test and document highly reliable software components using best practices, targeting server systems running on a Linux or Windows platform, as required, that conform to project requirements and specifications
- Solid understanding of the computer software and algorithms
- Solid understanding of REST and Internet-based Application Architectures
- Solid understanding of and experience with node.js for the development of RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of and experience with internet technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, JSON and XML.
- Solid experience with RESTful Web Services required.
- Understanding of and experience with Amazon Web Services for PaaS and IaaS
- Solid understanding of and experience with test-driven development and/or behavior-driven development.
- Understanding of and experience with development tooling such as IntelliJ IDEA/WebStorm, NPM, Bower and Grunt
- Understanding of and experience with *nux operating systems; Linux experience a pluse
- Understanding of and experience with Python a plus
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 271243 when responding to this ad.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.