Job Title: Sr. Java SW Engineer
Job Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Job Type: 3 Months (Targeting Contract to Hire)
Starting Rate: $55/hr. w2.
**PLEASE READ Local Candidates Authorized to work in US only. NO C2C or Visa Candidates**
Join one of our favorite financial clients in the heart of the Denver Tech Center as they look to replace a recently converted Senior Java Engineer.
- Design, develop and maintain web applications developed using Java/J2EE,Spring/Struts/JSP, Web services (SOAP and RESTful) using JSON and XML formats and produce reusable superior technical components.
- Strong relational database maintenance in MySQL/Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA) deployments with ability to design applications.
- Experience using Scrum, Agile modelling and adaptive software development lifecycle.
- Work closely with project, business analyst and QA teams. This requires strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Participates efficiently and effectively in Quality Assurance methodologies and solutions in support of business needs
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Provide technical support and guidance directly to end users.
- Trains and mentors less experienced staff.
- Performs system and application testing, ensuring delivery meets business needs.
- Prepares appropriate documentation from which systems and solutions are supported and maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent emphasis.
- 3+ years of expertise Java, SQL, Open Source Frameworks.
- Technical and/or Agile certifications.
- Participate in a Scrum Development Team.
- Collaborative Developer.
- Capable innovator.
- Continuous integration and build process and deployment experience and SONAR for code quality analysis are desired.
- Experience with Git, Maven, Jira and/or Hudson/Jenkins are a plus.
- Test driven development using testing frameworks (Junit, SoapUI).
- Team player and ability to mentor developers on application development best practices
- Good hands-on, documentation and good coding practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Will make decisions with limited guidance from management team