• Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills – ability to understand complex situations, develop and implement a logical approach to a problem solution.
• Attention to Detail – ability to ensure the work and information are complete and accurate, by preparing carefully for meetings and presentations, and following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
• Communication –ability to understand requirements documentation, functional specifications, high level design documentation and system documentation. Able to solidly incorporate this information, along with project business objectives, into appropriate development strategies and plans.
• Diagnostic Information Gathering – ability to seek information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, to clarify situations and to facilitate effective planning, decision making, and problem solving.
• Flexibility - able to change priorities quickly, and have a capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Fostering Teamwork – ability to get groups to work together co-operatively; by enlisting active involvement, creating a climate for respect and openness, and applying effective techniques for group facilitation.
• Impact Awareness – ability to anticipate the likely effect of actions and events on others and to tailor one’s own behavior to achieve a desired effect on others.
• Influential Skill – ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions, through logical argument, appeal to others’ interests, and a variety of other indirect strategies.
• Interpersonal Awareness - ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
• Productivity - motivated self-starter and quick learner. Ability to work under deadlines with heavy workloads as well as flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.
• Results Oriented – ability to keep the desired end result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work clearly in mind, by setting goals and focusing on them tenaciously until they are achieved.
• Technical Acumen - strong understanding of software Java development concepts, procedures, and technologies utilizing Agile Scrum/Kanban Methodology
• Proficiency with development using SOA, Event Driven framework, Spring framework.
• Proficiency with developing event APIs, Apache Camel or other EBA, web service development (REST & SOAP).
• Proficiency with Oracle 11g.
• Proficiency in designing (includes documentation), developing, testing and implementing Java applications on a predefined schedule using technologies, techniques, and tools to ensure high quality, performance, and reliability, at varying levels of complexity.
• Proficiency in resolving technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
• Proficiency in system analysis and design in accordance with established procedures and policies.
• Provides accurate estimate of time needed to complete work.
• Proficiency in working with high performing technology teams in a multi-technology enterprise.
• Proficiency in independent delivery of major projects in a cross-matrixed, multi-cultural environment in a led technical role.
• Experience with large scale systems involving reporting, transactional systems and integration with other enterprise systems (i.e. Mainframe).
development of Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, and UML.
experience with Spring Framework, Hibernate (or other JPA libraries), Ehcache, and Terracotta/Coherence.
experience with Java/Java J2EE, Websphere, J2EE compliant app servers (e.g. Weblogic, JBoss).
experience with relational database platforms preferably Oracle 11g.
experience in database design techniques (e.g. logical data modeling, normalization/denormalization).
experience developing multi-threaded and distributed systems.
experience working on performance and scalability issues in large-scale enterprise systems.
experience using common source code control tools, especially SVN.
experience with continuous integration development environments
experience with common server operating systems, especially Linux.
experience agile software development experience: Scrum Process, Extreme Programming (XP).
experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
experience with Web Services, SOAP/REST.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or 10+ years of equivalent experience.