Maintain technical coordination and support with the Engineering staff and other departments, including, but not limited to, Production, Purchasing, Sales and Customer Service. Design and development of welded structures, sheet metal components and mechanical systems. Working knowledge of mechanical component selection. Ability to mentor junior engineers.Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years in a design engineering function in direct support of mobile equipment design, machine development, or structural steel component design associated with rotating equipment
- Proficient with 3D modeling software, (unigraphics v11 is what client has)
- Ability to design hydraulic, structural mechanics, or weldment joint designs around large industrial products
- Ability to perform FEA
- Ability to apply GD&T to 3D models
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and experience supporting production assembly or fabrication.
Best vs Average
- Proficiency with hose routings
- Troubleshooting hydraulic circuits
- New product design or sustaining engineering associated with hydraulics
- Use of bending radius and pressure ratings
- Design of piping associated with hydraulic packages
- Accurate structural and component selection
- Fits and tolerances associated with mechanical assemblies
- Understanding the complexity of the various interacting parts throughout the machine
- Fully documented BOM, production drawings, and information stored in PDM
Minimum Education RequiredBachelors
Professional engineering team with multiple disciplines in support of engineering and manufacturing of a range of drilling rigs for the mining industry. Directly support senior engineer, interface with various departments and sit in on client meetings or conference calls.
- Not proficient with 3D modeling and project engineering
- Not an industrial enough background
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.