Title: Senior Network Security Engineer
Client Location: Englewood, CO
Duration: 6+ Month Contract
One of our enterprise telecom clients here in Englewood, CO is seeking Network Security Engineers to join their growing team!
- Deploy and maintain a large fleet of Check Point firewalls.
- Deploy and maintain a large Cloudgenix SD-WAN environment.
- Review, plan, and implement firewall change requests
- Collaborate with Infrastructure teams to plan and implement new technologies
- Maintain and upgrade network (firewall, IPS, web filtering) security systems for optimal reliability and uptime
- Assist your team with Network design, repair and troubleshooting.
- Assist with planning and integration of new business units acquired, including network and systems infrastructure from a technical standpoint
- Provide technical training to teammates for management and troubleshooting of Firewalls and SD-WAN
- Stay current on the latest threats and vulnerabilities to ensure security tools are appropriate for emerging threat trends.
- Design and maintain PCI segmentation strategies for compliance using industry best practices.
- Support the company after-hours, weekends, and holidays during on-call rotation
- BA/BS in related field or an equivalent in education and experience
- 5 years of experience supporting an enterprise technology environment
- 3 years of experience with enterprise firewall technologies (Checkpoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto)
- 3 years of experience supporting enterprise network equipment (Cisco Nexus, Catalyst)
- 3 years of experience in an enterprise environment that adheres to regulated compliance standards (PCI, SOX, etc.)
- Network/Systems support understanding (Tier 2 or 3 support)
- Experience with public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) networking and network security components.
- Experience implementing and managing an advanced SD-WAN
- Experience with network policy automation using Aruba Clearpass, Cisco Client
- Experience with Aruba enterprise WiFi administration
- Project management skills
- Policy writing skills (SOPs, training docs, etc)
- Possession of industry certifications preferred (CISSP, GIAC, CCNP, etc)
- Ability to analyze existing infrastructure and processes in order identify security weaknesses and recommend corrective action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!