Location: Los Angeles, CA
With more than 117 years of technology innovation, a global team of 100,000, and 64,000+ technology patents, NEC is in the business of providing solutions that focus on safety, security, operational efficiency - enabling people to live brighter, more enriched lives. We call this orchestrating a brighter world. As recognized leaders in Biometric technologies, we boast an array of award winning solutions which support Law Enforcement, Citizen Services & Immigration, Commercial Markets, and Public facilities Management. NEC Advanced Recognition Systems are experiencing significant growth and expect to soar to new heights with the addition of key talent like you.
We are currently looking to add an experienced and skilled Sr Project Manager to our passionate and dedicated team. The Sr Project Manager manages all aspects of client-facing projects throughout the project lifecycle, including project scope, schedule, communications, risk, resources, quality, costs and change management. You will have overall responsibility for the successful delivery of all assigned projects. This involves responsibility for project profitability, schedule, and customer relationship management. You will be a key liaison to the client with regards to day‐to‐day management of the project plan and its progress for client implementations. You will function as a key liaison to the internal NECAM solution delivery teams for internal development efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Manages projects within Advanced Recognition Systems
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple medium or large scale projects
- Implements project reviews and procedures in accordance with our project management lifecycle methodology
- Ensures profitable and successful execution of customer projects
- Manages complex risks with a high degree of skill and mitigation planning
- Manages project scope, looks for ways to increase project profitability through scope expansion
- Primary interface to customer through face to face meetings and periodic status reports
- Prepare and present written change orders for customer signature and process as required
- Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization for assigned projects
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects
- Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on 'add-on' sales opportunities across projects
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members, while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition
- Works across practice to share lessons learned and best practices
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- BE, BS or BA (or equivalent) within a technical or business field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Project Management Skills
- Minimum 5 years Project Management experience
- Experience managing external client-facing projects
- Experience managing implementations of fingerprint/facial recognition/iris identification Biometrics Systems highly preferred.
- Current PMP Certification required.
- Highly developed communication skills
- Must take initiative, be able to work independently, and produce measurable results that positively impact the project baselines; the ability to collect and filter relevant data valid for decision-making in a dynamic environment, and to integrate individual demands, requirements, and limitations into decisions that benefit the overall project
- Advanced knowledge and ability to use the software required, specifically Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) with excellent knowledge of MS Project
- Experienced in planning, staffing, and project control
- Moderate travel up to 50%
We are passionate about our people and growing our NEC family. If you believe you meet the position criteria coupled with seeking a career home, then apply now.
NEC is consistently recognized as one of the 50 most innovative companies globally. (by Boston Consulting)
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities