Title: Senior QA
Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Direct Plaement
Lead and oversee work of Software Quality Assurance Testers and responsible for designing and executing a variety of test scenarios in order to identify issues with software. Responsible to evaluate overall software quality throughout the development process to ensure software created by developers is designed as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works design, create, implement and maintain SDLC best practice standards for quality assurance software testing.
- Creates job descriptions, job expectations and core competencies for subordinate Software Testers, evaluates their performance against those expectations and coaches' analysts for higher effectiveness and performance.
- Works with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts and Developers to define and implement Software Tester roles and responsibilities for SDLC activities.
- Leads Software Testing efforts including overseeing multiple builds and assigns subordinate Software Testers.
- Assigns and moves Software Testers from project to project, guides, coaches and advises Software Testers.
- Performs respective testing work and identifies items to be evaluated by the test effort and develops necessary test cases/scenarios, test plans, defect tracker and testing metrics required to produce information to analyze and report on the progress of the software development
- Maintains library of test artifacts using a MS Excel or software tool, whichever is available.
- Thinks critically and analytically while reviewing and performing test processes and reporting.
- Evaluates test cycle outcome identifying and debugging errors in the software code.
- Reviews user interface to ensure functionality and uniform design in addition to technical test review.
- Communicates concisely and accurately with business analysts and/or developers while evaluating test failures or potential changes.
- Interprets and reports test result in a concise and clear manner.
- Works efficiently and quickly to drive out test results.
- Continuously learns and acquires expertise of various BFS software applications.
- Follows process and procedures according to best practice quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises assigned employees including staff selection and training; planning, assigning and directing work; conducting performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides leadership and guidance to other Software Testers to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Ensures that Quality Assurance Software Testers produce work products that align with BFS IT procedures, methods and models and if not, provide guidance on how to bring their deliverables into compliance
- Ensure collaboration with other business units and senior level management
- Establish and track KPIs for the Quality Assurance Software Tester department
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or relevant experience. CTFL or higher Certification (preferred, not required) 6+ years' experience in an IT-related position, such as software quality analyst, software tester, information business analyst, systems analyst, IT consulting
- 6+ years' experience with manual test execution and automated test creation and execution
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision
- Strong customer orientation – Passion for customer/user experience
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and to manage time accordingly.
- Strong management skills.
- Established strategic, critical analysis and decision making skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with both IT and the business.
- Ability to maintain privacy of sensitive personal and business data.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with thoroughness, enthusiasm and drive to find systematic errors in and outside of the box.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization and business to interpret the needs.
- Demonstrate track record of successfully delivering solutions.
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to adjust to multiple demands and address shifting priorities.
- Exercises own judgment in a broad range of scenarios related to testing and QA.
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!