Summary:The primary purpose of the Sr Software Developer is to participate in the process of architecting, designing and creating solutions that create, maintain and extend software products and technology service offerings that focus on serving the needs of retailers and other businesses that utilize accounting and inventory management, e-commerce, point of sale, and payment processing technologies.
Create new Software Products, Modules and Features
Design and code software features that adhere to delivered design requirements
Perform unit testing of code created.
Participate in the testing/fix quality assurance cycle
Collaborate with other developers on feature integration into a larger system
Lead other engineers in the architecting and designing of new software products, modules and features.
- Lead other less experienced engineers in the design and code of software features that adhere to delivered design requirements
- 'Develop and maintain architectural artifacts.
- Review and approve the work of other engineers.
- Lead and collaborate with other developers on feature integration into the overall architecture and larger systems design.
Maintain existing software products and services
- Correct software deficiencies (bugs)
- Add features and enhancements that adhere to delivered design requirements
- Perform unit testing of code created
Collaborate as part of a development team
- Participate in, or lead weekly status meetings
- Lead and participate in periodic planning sessions
- Provide weekly updates on project progress to project/program management
- Research and make recommendations to the group regarding new technology available and its proper application
Contribute to the product specification process
- Create new software/feature design specifications
- Review and provide feedback on specifications created by others
- Negotiate with product marketing/stakeholders on technical issues that impact deliverable goal viability
Draft documentation for development projects
- Comment code to provide clarity during later rework/reuse projects
- Create “rough draft” documentation of software products for revision by QA and technical writers
- 4 to 7 years of experience with the development environments used within the assigned product group (e.g. Java J2SE / J2EE, Eclipse, Linux / Shell Scripting, Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2008)
- 3+ years experience architecting professional grade software
- 3+ years in a technology leadership role
- Knowledge of, and experience applying, object oriented architecture, design and programming concepts
- Knowledge of, and experience applying, n-tier application architecture and development methodologies
- Working Experience with SQL database programming concepts, including database architecture, stored procedures, query optimization, and performance/scalability considerations
- Industry experience in payment processing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Experience with integration to COTS application to internal and extended enterprise systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including basic technical writing abilities
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.