Sr Software Engineer
BCForward is currently seeking highly motivated Sr Software Engineer for our client based in Chicago, IL.
- Position Title: Sr Software Engineer
- Location: Chicago, IL.
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- 12 Months Contract
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Lead development of new functionality and applications on cross-functional Agile project teams
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
Technical Skills Required:
- at least 70% of experience needs to be hands-on development experience (i.e. coding and unit testing).
- Proven experience in many of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands on experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS ( especially Lambda and Fargate services)
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
Strong understanding and/or experience in many of the following:
- Test driven development and behavior driven development
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
BCForward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCForward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to karunakaran.m@bcforward,com Please reference job code 106660 when responding to this ad.