Contributes to all facets of the release management, patching, configuration, maintenance, and support of new and existing software systems and/or applications to ensure the consistency and quality of operations.
- Provide 24/7 production support to designated systems/applications.
- Collaborate with Development, QA, Capacity Management, N.O.C., Systems/Database/Network Administration, and Tech Support to provide proactive support for production applications.
- Diagnose, track, and drive to resolution assigned trouble tickets, production issues, document requirements back to development, and perform break fix in a system down situation.
- Help maintain and administer all environments (Production, Preproduction, QA, and Development) for assigned applications.
- Maintain documentation of system environments, configuration, and implementations.
- Drive the release management, patching, and configuration of assigned applications through all environments to ensure the consistency and quality of operations.
- Support and develop Jr. Engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- Update job knowledge by studying development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of programming languages and software development practices.
- Experience supporting n-tier, scalable applications using web-service architectures.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to drive resolution of highly complex issues with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability for self-directed learning.
- Self-starter with excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Able to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work with a diverse team.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Able to formulate and articulate a high-level plan, accomplishment/progress, and next milestones with estimated delivery.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years supporting RedHat Enterprise Linux / CentOS based systems and applications.
- 6+ years supporting Windows server systems and .NET web-service applications.
- 10+ years of work experience supporting Linux & Windows server based applications.
- 6+ years supporting IIS hosted 3-tier .NET server applications.
- RHCE/RHCSA and MSCA certifications
- Experience with the following:
- DevOps automation skills (SaltStack)
- Programming skills
- Databases: MSSQL, Couchbase, Postgresql, Oracle 11g, MYSQL, ElasticSearch
- Languages: Bash, Python, PowerShell, SQL, PHP, Perl
- Middleware: IIS, ActiveMQ, Zookeeper, HAProxy, F5, Kafka, Talend, Apache
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds. It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.