TCI has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer (Mainframe) at Fort Knox, KY. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for accomplishing and performing project management in support of the US Army Enterprise, Datacenters, Application and Web Infrastructure.
- Actively involved in all the routines of MVS mainframe DASD backup, archive, migration, restore, compression, idle space release, management reporting, and DASD conversion and/or movement.
- Enforce the DASD rules and standards set by this installation.
- Monitor DASD usage, insuring data integrity and maintaining catalogues.
- Established disaster recovery procedures and participate in the disaster recovery testing of MVS mainframes.
- Accomplishing task listed utilizing the following software products: DFP, DFDSS, DMS/OS, DFSMS, DFHSM, CA-PDSMAN, FDR, and SAMS/Vantage.
- Maintain the INFOMAN database, setting up user access/security, and creating operational and change control reports.
- Support the SAN storage for open systems / client server.
- Support IBM DS6800, IBM DS8100, IBM 3494, and IBM TS7720C.