LyondellBasell's Global Projects & Engineering (GPE) is a world-class, central engineering support organization - advancing continuous performance improvements in our manufacturing facilities worldwide. US offices are located at the Houston Engineering Center only 14 short miles from downtown Houston, TX. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
The Staff Electrical Engineer position is for an experienced Electrical Engineer specializing in Power Systems with 10+ years of applicable experience in the Petrochemial, Chemical or Refinery Industry. Particular areas of interest would be in maintenance practices and design, installation practices for low voltage and medium voltage Power Distribution Systems, grounding systems, all types of motors and motor control equipment, Electrical Testing & Inspection, transformers, UPS, and area electrical classification. This position is in the Global Projects & Engineering (GPE) group that provides leadership and technical support to projects and operations globally throughout the company.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Function as a credible technical lead on the largest projects being executed within LyondellBasell
- Provide electrical engineering calculations, design, and specifications to support project objectives
- Review design drawing and engineering specifications to ensure conformance with relevant company/industry standards and practices
- Interact with Engineers and Construction contractors, both on-site and off-site
- Analyze safety, reliability, and environmental incident data and deliver results in reducing incidents across LYB global sites
- Consult, assist, and/or lead as necessary on incident investigations and troubleshooting activities
- Steward the development, implementation and maintenance of Global Electrical Engineering Standards
- Effectively facilitate teamwork to obtain alignment of organizational goals and gain consensus and support from company personnel
- Consult and assist globally sites with the maintenance of existing electrical facilities
- Provide training to others on new as well as existing electrical technologies
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Participate in global teams and networks
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University
- A minimum of 10+ years of industrial experience in Power Distribution within the Petrochemical, Chemical or Refinery Industry
- Proven leader with the ability to successfully drive critical initiatives such as global obsolescence planning
- Working knowledge of industry codes such as applicable ANSI/IEEE, API, NFPA, IEC
- Experience in conducting Power System Studies including Arc Flash Studies and implementing Arc Flash mitigation techniques
- Experience in electrical system studies using SKM Power Tools software
- Ability to drive globally safety improvements in equipment installations and work processes
- Ability to manage multiple/changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
- Demonstrated knowledge in the field of electrical design, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment
- Ability to interact with electric utilities on behalf of LyondellBasell
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Some global travel is required for this position
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.