- Resolves highly complex technical issues and may conduct advanced research on relevant projects and programs.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Performs highly technical engineering work including controls system and input/output component level design, software regression analysis, leadership and mentoring of internal and external electrical resource team members.
- Provides oversight and routine direction to less experienced staff across other technical disciplines.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepares, plans and conducts complex engineering work using non-standard and creative techniques and solutions.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Leads the investigation and development of new technology or subsystems.
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
- Performs as a staff advisor and consultant in a technical specialty.
- May review and evaluate outside IP submissions, inventions, or competitive IP developments in area of specialization.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Electrical or Controls Engineering and a minimum of seven years of previous engineering experience.
Knowledgeable of a broad array of engineering principles, practices and procedures in a field of specialization.
Considered an expert in one or more engineering specialties.
Routinely performs the most challenging assignments with significant latitude for unreviewed action.
Uses advanced techniques, modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
*Known as America’s #1 Selling Ice Machine, Manitowoc Ice designs and manufactures a complete range of cube, flake, and nugget ice machines, ice storage bins, and ice dispensers with 200+ models in ice-making capacities from 65 to 3,000 pounds per day. Products can be found in hospitals, schools, hotels, restaurants, and convention centers all over the world. The facility in Manitowoc, WI is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world’s top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.