We're coming up with ways to build the world's most incredible foodservice equipment; we're thinking outside the box to design efficient and reliable components; and we're bringing innovation to life each and every day with dreamers like you.
As Staff Engineer under broad supervision, you will be responsible for planning and conducting complex engineering work requiring the application of non-standard and creative techniques, procedures, and criteria. Plans, directs, coordinates and controls engineering efforts and provide expert analysis regarding the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems. Reporting directly to the Sr. Manager of Engineering, this position is based in Sellersburg, IN.
We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation! Essential Job Functions:
- Resolves highly complex technical issues and may conduct advanced research on relevant projects and programs.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Performs highly technical engineering work including material selection, structural requirements, tolerances, aesthetics and testing.
- Provides oversight and routine direction to less experienced staff.
- Prepares, plans and conducts complex engineering work using non-standard and creative techniques and solutions.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Leads the investigation and development of new technology or subsystems.
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
- Performs as a staff advisor and consultant in a technical specialty.
- May review and evaluate outside IP submissions, inventions, or competitive IP developments in area of specialization
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a minimum of 7 years Engineering experience required.
- Knowledgeable of a broad array of engineering principles, practices and procedures in a field of specialization.
- Uses advanced techniques, modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Considered an expert in one or more engineering specialties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suit (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Knowledge of PTC Creo, Solidworks, Arduino, LabVIEW, and Altium software required.
- Normal office or lab environment. Travel up to 25% may be required.
• Welbilt, Inc. (formerly Manitowoc Foodservice) - designs, manufactures and supplies best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. Welbilt offers customers unparalleled operator and patron insights, collaborative kitchen solutions, culinary expertise and world-class implementation support and service, whether locations are around the corner or across the globe. With operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia, the company has a portfolio of best-in-class brands including Cleveland, Convotherm®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln, Manitowoc® Ice, Merco®, Multiplex®, Merrychef®, Servend® and Manitowoc® Beverage Systems.