Staff Software Engineer
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
- Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in 'STEM' Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 6 years of professional Software Engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Strong NodeJS knowledge and experience
- Experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
- Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS.
- Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
- Experience with building supply chain functionality a huge plus.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.